Difficulties getting in and out of the bathtub?
Relaxa-Bathlift is a simple mechanised solution for the home bathroom, which will change everything!
It is designed to help people who may have found that having “a real bath” has not been a possibility for a while. Relaxa-Bathlift is a user-friendly bath lift suitable for people who are elderly and for those with disabilities or limited mobility. It is neat and simple in the home bathroom, but these qualities belie the innovation and the design features, which make it so safe and easy to use.
At Gong Life Care Solutions we're very proud to be the only Australian supplier of the Relaxa-Bathlift! You can view our video demonstration here: https://gonglcs.com.au/products/relaxa-bathlift
How does it work?
The Relaxa-Bathlift unit has a retractable seating belt which, when not in use, is contained within the mechanism housing attached to the wall beside the bath. So there is no need for heavy lifting at each bath session.
These are the easy steps to having a nice soak:
1. Fill the bath with water to the desired depth and temperature.
2. Push the rechargeable battery into the slot (the battery holds 20 lifts per
3. Feed out the nice wide seating belt using the hand controller button.
4. Attach the belt to the mounting bar placed along the outside floor edge of
the bath, lock it in, and ensure there is the required tension in the belt.
5. Sit on the belt (or help the person being assisted), with legs firstly on the
floor, then carefully ease the legs over the edge of the bath into the
water. The built-in grab rail can be used to help and to provide confidence.
6. Next, with the press of a button, you or the person being assisted, will be
lowered slowly and gently into the bath.
7. Once the bath has been completed, just press the “up” button, and you or
the person being assisted will be gently lifted up to the level of the edge
of the bath. From there, the legs can be carefully eased over the edge
until the feet are on the floor.
What are the safety features?
- The seating belt is made of strong polypropylene, made to last.
- The Relaxa-Bathlift is battery operated - the unit is powered by a 24-volt DC rechargeable battery pack. No mains electricity supply is required to power the mechanism at all.
- Relaxa-Bathlift also has a water temperature probe and digital water temperature display which will tell you exactly how hot the bath is before you or the person you are assisting, gets in, so you can be sure to avoid scalding.
- There is an integrated grab rail to assist with additional support, balance, and confidence.
- The machine will not allow the belt to lower a user unless there is sufficient charge in the battery to come back up.
- The battery is easy to slot in and remove for overnight recharging.
- Indicator lights in green and red show when the battery is in operation and the battery condition. An audible alarm warns of a low battery.
- The maximum user weight is 127 kg.
Relaxa-Back is a backrest for the Relaxa-Bathlift, recommended for added comfort and for aiding entry and exit to the bath.
This additional aid can be fitted under the belt to help the person getting into the bath, and then can be attached to the head of the bath to act as a head and back rest while bathing. It will help to keep the user comfortable, making bathing an even more relaxing experience.
For further enquiries call us on 1300 907 280, Tues to Fri, 8.00am – 5.00pm AEDT
We deliver free anywhere in Australia.
Follow us on -